The National Aquathlon Championship is coming to Arundel, home to the unique Arundel Triathlon. An iconic market town with a medieval castle and many other attractions, it is set in the South Downs National Park; this is a great place to spend a weekend for the whole family.
The River Arun flows through the town for a fast 750m swim, followed by a 5k run passing Swanbourne Lake, the castle moat and along the Avenue of Trees.
- Iconic location: Arundel is a stunning medieval market town with impressive castle within the boundaries of the South Downs National Park, rivalled only perhaps by Windsor in terms of its historic appeal.
- Tourist town: Make a weekend of it at one of Arundel’s many hotels or B&Bs. If you fancy glamping to make it a special end of season event then head over to Billycan Camp site on the banks of the Arun billycancamping.co.uk
- River Arun has excellent water quality and is the second fastest flowing river in the UK | Kingfishers and Water Voles are commonplace.
- Challenging event: River swim, and a flat run.
- Unique race venue: The Black Rabbit Pub, what could be better!
- Great value event and Raw Energy Pursuits reputation for friendly and well organised races for all abilities.
- Free unlimited race day photos, free Clif Bar, free swim cap
- Great transport links – National Rail – Arundel Station is a 10-minute walk from race venue. 90 min Arundel to London Victoria. Road – Race venue adjacent to the A27 and easily accessible to the A24 and A23.
The event will be based at the Black Rabbit Pub in Mill Road, Arundel, West Sussex, BN18 9PB.