Cycling chain gang

Home Forums Tuff Fitty Forum Cycling chain gang

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tom G 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Tom G
    Participant

Joe and I have arranged a chain gang ride for 7pm on Sunday (1st Sept) starting and finishing at the lower car park (by the football fields) at Highdown.

The route will go East along the A259, left at the Swallows Return roundabout up Titnore Lane, left at the A27 roundabout down the Angmering bypass, and left again at the Hangleton roundabout to return down the A259.

Each lap is 8.3 km and we intend to complete three. The first will be ridden steadily, sticking together and practicing rotating effectively. On the second we will speed things up but remain as a group. On the final lap people have free reign to attack the group and the others can work together to try to bring them back.
    We will finish with a sprint up to the Highdown pub and a post ride pint. People are welcome to peel off early and go straight to the pub.

A few simple rules to adhere to;
    – Helmets and lights are compulsory
    – If you have aero bars/ TT extensions do not use them when in the group
    – Do not ride more than two abreast
    – Only overtake on the right
    – If you are not feeling strong enough to take your turn on the front, don’t worry, just wave the next rider through
    – Take particular care at roundabouts, it’s not a race, just a bit of fun!

I hope to see lots of you there as with the shape I am in I want to minimise the amount of time I have to spend riding on the front!

• This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Tom G.

Andy.Crawford
    Participant

That sounds great Tom, I’ll be there! Thanks

Tom G
    Participant

After the success of Sunday night’s chain gang ride we will be doing the same on Tuesday 3rd and 10th at 19.30. Same meeting point, lower Highdown car park. Same distance of 25km. Same format sticking together for two laps then racing the final one.

Tom G
    Participant

Same again tonight folks! 19.30 at the lower highdown car park.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.