Do you run on Worthing Prom

Home Forums Tuff Fitty Forum Do you run on Worthing Prom

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Clive H 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Clive H
    Participant

‘Loadsa Tuffs run along Worthing Seafront whether for training or Park Run so you may be interested in the following which I have just been emailed by the council :-

The council are announcing today that there will be a giant wheel placed on the promenade between the Pier and the Lido which will operate annually from early April to October, for a minimum of 3 years.

The placement of the wheel follows the successful introduction of a giant wheel placed in Steyne Gardens earlier this year. Along with the redevelopment of the 2 shelters located at West Buildings and to the East of the Pier the attraction will draw further visitors into the town and make our seafront a vibrant place to visit and spend time.

I am bringing this development to your attention early as many of you will be planning your events for next year and you may need to adjust your event plans and risk assessments.

At the point of the giant wheel the promenade will be reduced in width to 6m.

The timetable for the development of 2 shelters is still unknown at this time; the building works at West Buildings will commence in 2019 and as soon as I am aware of the dates and any restrictions along the prom I will of course let you know. The shelter to the east of the Pier will be developed at a much later stage.

• This topic was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by  Clive H.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.